Medical Eye and Vision Care Services
Ask us about the OPTOS HD retinal imaging scanner!
Our eye exam for glasses or contact lenses includes:
- Check your current vision
- Analyze your current prescription (glasses)
- Check your pupil responses (related to possible neurological issues)
- Check your eye muscle movement and coordination
- Evaluate how well your eyes work together and determine if the focusing capacity for near work is sufficient for your specific needs.
- Check glaucoma pressures
- Test color vision and depth perception
- Test for your new prescription
- Discuss whether your eyes are nearsighted, farsighted or have astigmatism
- Evaluate the data gathered and determine what is degrading your visual performance.
- Incorporate this data into your prescription and determine what lens design would best address your specific vision demands.
- Microscope examination to analyze the health of the front part of the eye. (check for cataracts, cholesterol levels, hormonal imbalances, thyroid issues, dry eyes, etc.)
- Dilated retinal evaluation (check for high blood pressure, diabetes, macular degeneration, etc
- Optos 3D retinal imaging scan. Disorders (if any) will be digitally photo-documented.
- Consultation on your test findings and we will discuss treatment plan(s) in detail.
Group Eyecare is the right size office for all your eye care needs!
We provide comprehensive cornea and contact lens care. After an eye examination, we evaluate your eyes and determine which type of contact lens will best suit your individual needs.
We prescribe all major brands of soft and rigid gas permeable (hard) contact lenses. Additionally, we prescribe custom designed contact lenses for special needs as well as special eye problems.
Specialized contact lenses
- Bifocal Contact Lenses
- Monovision Contact Lenses
- Astigmatism Contact Lenses
- Keratoconus Treatment
- Orthokeratology (Braces for eyes)
- Pediatric Contact Lenses
Our expert Medford contact lens staff are able to answer many of your questions and are available for ongoing contact lens instruction and training. We have vast experience with cosmetic considerations such as colored contacts that change eye color completely or just modify eye color slightly.
Eyewear and Sunglasses Services
Every collection we carry is selected to accommodate each of our patients and their own unique style.
Eye Examinations for School-aged Children
A comprehensive eye examination will assess visual acuity, refractive status, ocular health, eye tracking, eye focusing, and eye teaming.
Visual acuity measures how clearly a child sees objects. Refractive status measures for nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism. The child is evaluated for any eye health problems, including active pathology or congenital anomalies.
Eye tracking is the ability of the eyes to fixate, smoothly follow and look between objects or printed words. Eye focusing is the ability to efficiently change and sustain focus while reading.
Eye teaming is the ability to coordinate both eyes accurately and without fatigue or excessive effort. Accurate eye teaming is also important for accurate two-eyed depth perception or stereopsis.
Early detection and management is recommended to prevent vision loss or eye disease and to provide appropriate vision development.
Hand – Eye Coordination
As part of the visual examination we also assess vision development. Young children use vision to explore the world by identifying and directing movement. If a problem in vision is preventing adequate development of perception and eye-hand coordination skills then early intervention is vital.
Just remember not all eye doctors are familiar with children’s vision, we at Group Eyecare can help your child’s vision for maximum learning and performance.
Eye Exam Questionnaire
- Do you or a family member wear glasses for distance, near-vision or both?
- Do you or a family member have difficulty seeing at night or move your reading material closer or further away to see it better?
- Do you have tired, burning, watery, itchy and light-sensitive eyes or rub your eyes frequently?
- Do you or a family member spend many hours each day looking at a computer screen and/or experience frequent headaches with near work activity?
- Have you or a family member been diagnosed or treated for cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration or other eye diseases?
- Do you or does anyone in your immediate family have high blood pressure or diabetes?
- If you are an active outdoors person, do you always protect your eyes with sunglasses?
- Does your school-age child or grandchild have learning difficulties? Are they squinting, using their finger as a guide when they read and are they at the reading level as their grade level?
- Do your children, grandchildren or other children you care for sit too close to the TV, have trouble with eye-hand coordination or complain of headaches
If you answered “yes” to more than one question for yourself or a family member, or if it’s been longer than one to two years (depending on your age or family doctor’s recommendation) since your or a family member’s last medical/vision eye exam. It is time to schedule an appointment.
Call or text (541) 772-7273 to schedule your appointment today!